For most entrepreneurs, growth is a double-edged sword. You want/need more clients but serving them with excellence becomes difficult all on your own. Handing over the reins to new hires, freelancers, or contractors can be scary. It is also an opportunity to 1) stay focused on your zone of excellence, outsourcing tasks that can be done by others who are passionate about them, 2) become a leader to a growing team of people who can, together, make you shine brighter.
We gathered our favorite quotes to inspire and motivate all the entrepreneurs out there ready to become leaders and build teams that shine. We encourage you to bookmark this page, print them to decorate your workspace, and share them with other small business owners who could use the encouragement.
13 Quotes that will Inspire and Motivate the Entrepreneur in You to Lead
1. “Becoming a leader is synonymous with becoming yourself. It is precisely that simple and it is also that difficult.” – Warren Bennis
2. “Today a reader, tomorrow a leader.” – Margaret Fuller
3. “Average leaders raise the bar on themselves; good leaders raise the bar for others; great leaders inspire to raise their own bar.” – Orrin Woodward
4. “A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.” – John C. Maxwell
5. “The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.” – Max dePree
6. “Whether you think you can or you can’t; you’re right.” – Henry Ford
7. “Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” – Sara Blakely
8. “Leadership and culture aren’t about being the boss or being in control; they are about creating shared visions and goals, and then inspiring, empowering and influencing others to achieve more than they ever thought possible.” – Gary Brooks
9. “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” – Farrah Gray
10. “I do not think that there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature.” – John D. Rockefeller
11. “Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.” – Jack Welch
12. “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.” – Reid Hoffman
13. “No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself, or go to get all the credit for doing it.” – Andrew Carnegie
For daily motivation from entrepreneurs, small businesses, and freelancers all working towards the same goals, schedule a tour of Haven Collective to learn how inspiring coworking can be.