Community Manager Job Description
Haven Collective is actively seeking a friendly, analytical, and detail-oriented person to be the face of Haven in the role of part-time Community Manager. You will help us grow the community by creating a great member experience while executing sales and operations tasks with excellence. This is your opportunity to take ownership and responsibility in a mission-driven business with the complete support and experience of the owners. There is a lot of growth opportunity in this position.
Who You Are
Are you a customer experience enthusiast ready to create a welcoming, productive environment for professionals to get their best work done? Do you naturally create order and flow in your surroundings? Anticipate the needs of others and set up events and spaces for optimal comfort and ease? Our part-time Community Manager role is perfect for anyone who understands and gets excited by customer support on this level. We are looking for someone ready to facilitate high member satisfaction by managing day-to-day operations, providing support to members, and fostering a sense of inclusivity. You’ll be a great fit for the role if you:
- Enjoy people and can seamlessly balance pleasant conversation with the need for focus in a professional setting
- Are a leader and a go-getter with an entrepreneurial spirit, ready to approach this role with an owner’s mindset
- Are proactive by nature and excited to own and grow an area of the business
- Appreciate goals and additional incentive plans that give you clarity on your performance and clarify your contribution to team goals
- Are a hard-worker with a “no task is too small” attitude
- Are organized, efficient, and able to keep your cool in stressful situations
- Are well-spoken both in oral and written communication
- Are a problem-solver and genuinely have a “can-do” attitude
- Are someone who understands and values delivering a stellar customer experience consistently – you are warm, welcoming, and service-oriented
What You’ll Do
- Regularly observe member activity to determine value adds that make workdays more comfortable and memberships more valuable.
- Manage communications and relationships with members at Haven’s coworking space. Your priority is making sure Haven Collective is inviting and productive.
- Greet guests and drop-ins to Haven Collective and provide tours and membership information to prospective members.
- Introduce new members into the coworking community, identifying opportunities to actively connect members to one another.
- Help to plan and promote monthly events for Haven Collective that draw in new members and encourage current members to network and connect.
- Coordinate third-party events and serve as the primary contact for organizations and groups using Haven Collective to host an event.
- Master our coworking software platform used for billing, door access, event management, and reservable resource management.
- Meet with members to resolve issues, process member terminations, and other issues.
- Help manage the budget for the coworking space and member engagement activities.
- Ensure the coworking space remains clean by straightening up, educating members to clean up after themselves, and utilizing external cleaning services when appropriate.
- Ensure smooth, day-to-day operations of the coworking space including tasks such as brewing coffee, stocking supplies, or managing maintenance and repair needs.
Experience & Requirements
- Flexibility to work across both locations, at varying time schedule. Reliable transportation required.
- Customer service and sales experience required
- Business operations or hospitality experience requested
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to think on your feet, think critically and creatively
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy
- Passion and understanding of entrepreneurial communities
- Passion and understanding for Haven Collective’s mission and values.
Who We Are
Haven Collective was created to nurture and support the entrepreneurs, freelancers, and small businesses in our communities who are often isolated, working solo from their homes to grow their businesses. The Haven coworking community thrives by bringing together people with diverse backgrounds and skill sets who are all looking to level up personally and professionally. We achieve all of this with a hospitality mindset.
- 20-30 Hours per week with potential to grow to full-time with benefits within 6 months.
- Starting independent contractor compensation $20 per hour
- Additional benefits include all Haven Collective member benefits from 24/7 access to the spaces, business coaching, resource library, events, and more.
- Submit your resume and message of interest to [email protected].
Posted June 23, 2022